Written by a mom who has been there, done that, this guide by Susan Kuligowski will walk you through the basics of building a secure, lifelong attachment with your internationally adopted child, whether they were adopted as an infant or as a teen.
“International adoption is a complex journey that leaves many parents reaching for a nonexistent playbook after the dream has become a reality – one that now squirms in your lap, looks into your eyes, and waits for you to make the first move.”
- Finding Support
- Educating yourself about what to expect.
- Understanding your child’s background and perspective.
- Recognizing when you or your child need extra support.
- Creating a plan for creating bonds.
- Recognizing the difference between bonding and attachment.