Could I ask you some questions?
My name is Angela, and I am currently a senior at Penn State University. I am enrolled in a Writing for Social Sciences course, and I am to conduct a virtual ethnography on a subculture of my choice.
I am an adopted child myself, therefore I have chosen adopters and adoptees as my subculture. I also have an adopted brother, and a few members of my extended family that are adopted, as well. I am very interested in others’ experiences outside of my own and my family’s, and I would love to speak with anyone on this site who would be willing. Although I do not have a specific question set yet, a few things I would be asking include:
- Why did you decide to adopt?
- Was there a reason you chose to adopt domestically over internationally, or vice versa?
- Can you briefly describe the adoption process? How did you get started, and what was the journey like?
- What is the relationship like between you and your adoptive child/parent?
- For adoptive children, what impact did being adopted have on you growing up, if any at all?
I would very much appreciate any help, and of course, I would only ask that you answer questions that you are comfortable with. If you would like to speak with me privately off this site, feel free to email me at [email protected].