Since 2007, the number of child adoptions into families in the US has decreased significantly. This decrease is partially due to the decline of international adoptions over the past decade. In 2004, approximately 20,000 children were adopted internationally. In 2014, only 5,000 were adopted. Sadly, meanwhile, there are more and more children living in orphanages and foster care worldwide.
For adoption support, click here:
- I Adopted My Daughter From The Foster Care System. Here’s Why You Should Be A Part Of It, Too.
- Man Finds Birth Siblings After 55-Year Separation
- Quiz: Things You Should NOT Worry About During Your Adoption Journey
- Creating A Village: How You Can Start An Adoption Support Group
- 8 Creative Adoption Fundraising Ideas