You may think you are too old to adopt, but you may soon realize you aren’t alone in adopting in the later years of adulthood. It is not uncommon to be an older parent who adopts, so don’t count it out as an option.
Older Parent Adoption
There are many reasons singles and couples arrive at the decision to adopt in their 40s and later. These include:
- Putting off starting a family until careers or financial security are established,
- Many years of infertility treatments,
- Creating a “second” family when children are grown,
- Creating a family after remarriage, and
- Grandparent/kinship adoption.
There are certainly others.