Hopeful adoptive parents and expectant parents making an adoption plan will both benefit from this guide to building a healthy relationship. Written by birth mom Annaleece Merrill, this guide will help you find answers to many of your questions, including:
- How often should we talk?
- What should we talk about?
- How do we refer to the baby?
- How do we approach awkward conversation topics?
- How do we make a plan for openness after the placement?
The relationship between birth parents and adoptive parents can be one of the most important ones forged in this lifetime. Make an effort to build this relationship with care and respect.