Connecting with your adopted child may not come as easily as you might think it should. Especially if your child is a little older when they come to you, building an attachment will likely take a little more time and some deliberate choices on your part. But as you spend time together, you’ll become use to each other’s patterns and personalities, and that bond will grow. In her most recent article on Adoption.com, adoptive mom Shannon Hicks shares some awesome ideas for connecting with your child.
For adoption support, click here:
- Fire Captain Meets Birth Mother For First Time Since He Was Born
- Guide To Building Relationships Between Expectant and Hopeful Adoptive Parents
- 10 Things Your Adopted Child Needs To Know (An Adoptee’s Perspective)
- 6 Ways To Make Your Transracial Adoption Fail
- Bonding With An Adopted Child – Chrisi’s Story