Connecting with your adopted child may not come as easily as you might think it should. Especially if your child is a little older when they come to you, building an attachment will likely take a little more time and some deliberate choices on your part. But as you spend time together, you’ll become use to each other’s patterns and personalities, and that bond will grow. In her most recent article on Adoption.com, adoptive mom Shannon Hicks shares some awesome ideas for connecting with your child.
For adoption support, click here:
- I Adopted My Daughter From The Foster Care System. Here’s Why You Should Be A Part Of It, Too.
- Man Finds Birth Siblings After 55-Year Separation
- Quiz: Things You Should NOT Worry About During Your Adoption Journey
- Creating A Village: How You Can Start An Adoption Support Group
- 8 Creative Adoption Fundraising Ideas